Monday, July 07, 2008
Homecoming Day
Today we remember coming home from Ethiopia one year ago. We were thrilled to land at our home airport and thrilled to see family as we arrived in baggage claim. They waited so patiently for their little man to arrive home, to meet him for the first time. It was a very special day for our extended family. I was 10 weeks-ish pregnant and totally spent after traveling for 30 odd hours and crashed for the next week. Good thing I had my mom here to help with Ashenafi, who woke at 3am to play for a few nights. I had spent the last leg of the journey, from DC, in bouts of crying--sleep deprived and overwhelmed with the thought that I would soon have TWO children. Now, I can't imagine life without both my boys. When I'm overwhelmed, I try to stop and remember that God's in control, not me...one day a time. Today is a special one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is a great lesson!
Amazing the changes a year can bring. Happy times.
What a year you have had!!! I remember getting an email from some family friends that know you (or your mom or mother-in-law) and with a link to your blog! I think you were in Ethiopia or just home. Can't believe it's been a year!!
And yes, our wedding was in Leavenworth-- nice call!! Actually, Mountain Springs Lodge, in Plain. IT was perfect!!
Coming to Silver Firs anytime soon?? :)
-Suzi
I remember that day so well- my first meeting with beautiful Ashenafi! I couldn't help calling him 'sweets' because he was so cute. He woke up when I was holding him at the airport and he had such big, beautiful eyes. He flashed a fabulous grin, and I was hooked! He's such a gift!!
-H
I remember being glued to your blog for updates last year!! It was great to see the first pictures and read about your experience. Thank you for sharing! Your 2 boys are beautiful and are indeed God's gift to you. You have made Him proud I am sure :)
Hi- I think I'm going to head down to U Village one morning next week-- do you live near by? Would you want to meet up for maybe coffee and a little playtime for the kiddos in the play area??
-Suzi
Post a Comment