Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Famine

Shamefully, I have not posted about this yet. It is long overdue. Ethiopia is going through a severe drought and food shortage, affecting much of the country, but especially the southern region, where Ashenafi is from. I can't help but feel so far removed in my comfortable little home, with a full belly and a refrigerator overflowing with food that was delivered to me in less than 12 hours from when I ordered it by my online grocery delivery company. I am rarely really hungry and never starving. Yet, just around the globe--less than 24 hours by plane, millions of people are hungry and many are dying of severe malnutrition.

A fellow adoptive mama led me to a link today that brought this devastation home. Please click on this link, but know that the images are very hard to digest. If you want to help, another fellow blogger has written about ways to help here.

Keep Ethiopia in your prayers.

2 comments:

Flip-flop girl said...

Thanks for putting this together. May I link to it on my blog?
Aimee

Mark and Sarah said...

Go for it, Aimee!