Is he really late? Depends on what we think of as late. My doula, Kim, just sent me this most interesting spread of data. Most women (65%) have their babies somewhere after their due dates, from 40 – 43 weeks (the rest of the stats are below). Of, course, this doesn't make me want to have him any later, but I'm trying to enjoy each day as its own. I know life is about to change as we know it, so I'm enjoying my last moments with Ashen as an only child. What a sweet 7 months it has been. I love that I quit my job to stay home with him for this short season. I wouldn't change that for anything. As strange as it sounds, maybe it's normal, I am grieving the loss of having an only child--being able to devote all of my attention to this sweet little boy. Soon he will get the short end of the stick while his brother occupies much of my time for a few months. Oh, Ashen, I love you and am sorry. Then I remember, hey, I was the 2nd child, and always had to share my mom's attention, never got to be the 'only' child, and I turned out OK--so I know all will be well.
Yesterday was fairly uneventful. We didn't do anything all day. Didn't leave the house. Boring. I had a bazillion contractions throughout the day and evening, but nothing very painful, though many uncomfortable. Hopefully a sign of things to come soon. I am happy that the little guy decided to hold off so I could watch the premiere of LOST. Hey, that's looking at things half glass full! I actually have loads of things to be thankful for, so now I'm going to go and think about those things.
Before 37 weeks: 4%
37 weeks: 5%
38-39 weeks: 10%
39-40 weeks: 20%
40-41 weeks: 35%
41-42 weeks: 20%
Over 42 weeks: 10%
http://www.transitiontoparenthood.com/ttp/birthed/duedatespaper.htm
1 comment:
uncomfortable contractions sound promising to me!!
my midwife kept telling me that first time moms usually went 9 days late on average. that sure didn't make me feel any better! i was sure i wouldn't be like the other first timers. Well, i wasn't, i delivered 8 days late... but, i didn't have uncomfortable contractions until the day i went into labor...
Post a Comment