Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Crazy Week

This week has been crazy. Ashen came down with a bug that was nasty. He was out of sorts most of the last couple day, but on top of that he had his 15 month well-child visit on Tuesday--though he was not well. He screamed the whole visit which was disconcerting because other than injections, he's not cried at the Dr.'s office before. The kind doctor assured us that it's normal at this age to have Dr.phobia, so I took his word for it. I've never had a sick baby before, so it was really hard to watch your normally gregarious child become subdued and curl up on the floor for no reason. He was however, up for his first taste of a latte (decaf, of course). He loved it! We're convinced he has coffee running through his Ethiopian blood. You do know that Ethiopia is the birthplace of coffee, right?


Before Ashen started feeling really cruddy, we took advantage of our unseasonably sunny weather and headed to the beach down the road. Ashen got to play with a ball and chase birds...two of his favorite activities! This boy can really RUN now!



Torin received the most beautiful quilt from his aunt Heidi. What a lucky boy! He already enjoyed a few seconds snuggling on it before he realized he didn't like being left alone on the floor.

And finally, Ashen busted his lip on Tuesday. Poor fella tripped on his grandma's croc while she was bouncing fussy Torin on the big fit ball, and bam, he hit the floor. We iced it right up and it's looking lots better now, but just to add insult to injury on the Dr./Sicko day.

Today is Mark's last day at home...booo! We're going to miss him so much. It's been so amazing to have the last few weeks to bond as a new family of four. Now, I must face the reality of 2:1 parenting. Wow, pray for me! Fortunately, I have two super kids, but unfortunately, it will be hard and I know it.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, look at Ashen's fat lip! Poor guy. Thank you for sharing all the photos and stories!

Kelly said...

You will do fine! I love you and you are taking to motherhood like a duck to water! I'm so proud of you, mama! :)

I'll get to emailing soon. We've all been sick here too...Camden was home from school yesterday and today. THANKFULLY I am off of work and not returning til Monday night...than its my LAST long week of graveyards. Hooray.

Looking over my schedule...thinking of making even a day trip over that way in a few weeks. I'll keep ya posted on a date.

Give those two boys a smooch!
K.

Kelly said...

You will do fine! I love you and you are taking to motherhood like a duck to water! I'm so proud of you, mama! :)

I'll get to emailing soon. We've all been sick here too...Camden was home from school yesterday and today. THANKFULLY I am off of work and not returning til Monday night...than its my LAST long week of graveyards. Hooray.

Looking over my schedule...thinking of making even a day trip over that way in a few weeks. I'll keep ya posted on a date.

Give those two boys a smooch!
K.

Kelly said...

Apparently, I thought my comment so nice I posted it twice. :)

Susy Q said...

What precious pictures. Both of your boys are gorgeous!