Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

The last few days have flown by! Mark and I have been home with the boys mostly by ourselves, which has turned out to be a little bit easier than we thought. Don't get me wrong, it's not easy. It's especially not when I am by myself. Yesterday morning Mark went to work for a little while and I was home with the boys. Ashen never watches TV, but I was without other option so I popped in an Elmo video I got from the library. That appeased him for a little while so I could feed Torin, but then he wanted my undivided attention. Even though he's only 15 months, he's become accustomed to being in the spotlight, and rightly so. Ashen has just started to realize that this little "baby" is not going away and that he's jealous. He has been having some mini-tantrums and just is generally very unusually cranky by the end of the day. He got very upset yesterday afternoon when Torin got a bath and he didn't (he showered earlier). Hmmm...any ideas on how to help him navigate this huge upturning of his world? Torin has kindly obliged to more photos in the last few days. Here are a couple of his mommy and daddy loving on him.



Torin has really taken to being in his fleece pouch sling. Here's Mark in one of my pregnancy poses :)
Can I tell you how blessed we feel to have found an AMAZING pediatrician?!?! This Dr. is top notch in so many ways. We've seen him twice already and talked to him on the phone twice too. He's sincere, gentle, unpretentious and just the type of Dr. I wish I had for myself. The boys are in good hands. We go in next week to see him again for Ashen's 15 month appointment. Here is a picture of Torin on the table with him on Tuesday. He gained a pound and 2 oz. over the last week and grew 1/2 inch! Current stats are 9lbs, 10 oz and 22 1/4 inches. At the end of his exam, the Dr. set Torin up in a sitting position and the Dr. said, "Torin, now is the time that you can tell me you forgive me. " Torin stared at him wide eyed and furrowed his brow...priceless.


5 comments:

Jean Wagner A Change of Art said...

Keep the pictures coming. I live on them!!! Love, Love, love... Happy Valentines to you all.

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day, you four Valentines! how wonderful to have the great doctor on your team! As for the upturn of Ashen's world, I have 2 ideas.....drop him off to me, or ask his help to keep Torin company in the bathtub?! Am sure you will figure something out very soon.
Hugs. M

aaron said...

He's checkin' you out, Mark!

Kelly said...

Hey lovely momma,

I'm on graves so my days are topsy-turvey...take it from a girl who's own kiddos are 15 months apart. Allow Ashen little "jobs" to be your helper! I know that sounds odd but let him "help" change a diaper..even if its just holding it or handing it to you....let him "help" wash the baby with a washrag (obviously under your guided hand! ha ha) once he feels the same affection towards CARING for this baby, like you and Mark feel, he'll become sooo much more incorporated. You'll be surprised! love you,
K

Kelly said...

Btw...YOU look beautiful and happy! :)