72 hours from now, our flight will be rolling down the runway and I will probably be bawling my eyes out. The emotions of this journey are intense; both the joy and nervous anticipation of meeting our daughter, and the anxiety and fear of leaving my boys for 9 days are just about to put me over the edge. I'm a big ball of nerves.
Bags are beginning to brim with medicines for AHOPE (thank you to all who participated in the raffle!), care packages for loved ones from their family, lots of *just in case* meds and Miss B's things. Our clothes will inevitably be last to be packed, but we'll get there.
A quick snapshot of our trip: We will arrive in Addis on Thursday night and meet Baby B (name reveal coming soon!) on Friday morning. We will spend Friday and Saturday getting to know B at the care center before heading down on Sunday to the Southern region, to the area she was born, and are hoping to have the opportunity to meet with a member of her birth family and visit the intake care center where she stayed for several months before being transferred up to Addis last month. We'll return from our trip to the south on Monday, and are hoping to take custody of her on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. We will then have our visa interview at the US Embassy on Tuesday, and receive it Thursday and leave for home that evening. It will be a whirlwind. We will be wiped out when we get home, that I'm sure of. But, we will be greeted at the airport by two very excited boys who we will have terribly missed.
6 comments:
I'll miss you guys too! [insert tears here]
xoxo
H
Ooh, that just made me get teary...I am SO happy and excited for you! I know those moments of anticipation waiting to meet your child...I can't wait to see a photo of you WITH that baby girl in your arms!!
Know your boys will be so well-loved while you are gone (including by Great Aunt Nancy:) and will have a wonderful adventure, only to be capped off by meeting their sister at the end of the journey!!! We are counting the hours with you....Tons of love and prayers coming your way from our family, Jen L. and the boys
Rosie, All will be well. Momma
I have tears in my eyes thinking about the journey you have ahead of you. So many emotions, in such a short time frame. Wishing you the very, very best!
C
p.s. the boys are going to have a BLAST!!!
So happy for you all, and wishing you smooth travels there and back. Such an intense, messy, glorious time...
All the best.
XO,
Briana, Sascha, Etsegenet, Caleb & Yahbi
Post a Comment