Thursday, May 13, 2010

So Bummed

We just heard today that we weren't included in the list of families who are traveling for the June 1st Embassy appointment. A family who passed court with us on the 30th, and two families who passed court after us are traveling. No explanation was given (I had to ask) other than that people's paperwork are processed at different rates. I am so so so disappointed, even though I knew the chances were slim--somehow feeling 'passed up' is a horrible feeling, even though I'm thrilled for those who get to travel and bring their children home so soon. And just to keep us hanging, there is still a very very small chance that we might get clearance for June 1st but it's "unlikely." (warning: dramatics ahead) I'm so bummed and feel like putting all those little sweet clothes I so nicely washed and lined dried into a big box in a closet and clearing off my packing corner and throwing away all my to-do lists. I was trying to be so prepared...for nothing.*

*I know, we'll travel some day--this road is just so emotional and the ups and downs get hard to roll with.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!!! I wish the news had been better : (

xoxo
H

Meg said...

SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO sucky!
You will be there so soon though!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading through your blog! We passed court on April 28th with CHSFS. No travel date yet for us.

Kelly said...

Oh dang it. That royally bites. :(

I'm sorry. I wish news had been better... All good things come to those who wait, right? **I swear, whoever coined THAT phrase must have had a grip of patience!! Chin up! Crossing my fingers that the 'slim chance' comes thru...

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia said...

So sorry!! I'm tempted to start packing our daughter's suitcase and we haven't even had court yet. :-O

Anonymous said...

Rats. Also, it seems cruel to offer you hope w/ that 'slim chance.' Just sayin'.

The Redman's said...

Ughhh.... I'm so sorry for the delay and disappointment! But... your sweet, sweet little girl will be in your arms in time to enjoy her for the entire summer!!!!!! :)

AuntyMaryLa said...

:-( :-( :-( :-(

maybe someone will ask for a postponement and you will be called.......am still hopin' Hang in there, mom of 3.

Cat said...

Won't you likely get cleared for the 14th though? Don't give up hope, preparing for your baby is important and sometimes babies come late. Nevertheless she's coming! Hang in there...

Chatter said...

I wish I could offer some sort of reassurance but sometimes words just don't cut it. I'm sorry Sarah. So very, very, sorry! I will wish for the time to pass very quickly until your sweet girl is in your arms. xoxo, C

mary said...

Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry! Praying for you guys and for little B...

Jaime Leigh said...

Hang in there, and be encouraged! The wait is going to be worth it, but not easy. My heart goes out to you and your family!

Deirdre said...

Sending you guys lots of love. I hope this time passes quickly and you're Addis-bound in a blink. Sooooooon!

Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings said...

Ah, rats, I'm so sorry! Maybe you can get out and do some crazy adventures with your little guys in the coming weeks to distract you & make the time pass a tinge faster. We're up for something -- maybe a ferry ride??? Would that be nuts? Lets do it!