Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Whenever somebody tells me "you sure have your hands full" in that all-knowing, "what the he*$ were you thinking?" tone, I seriously want to explode, but I generally smile and say, "yeah, aren't I lucky!? It's a blast!" Seriously, life with these two is incredibly rich and they are so fun together. When they're apart they don't have nearly the life as they have when they're together. I appreciate them both separately, but adore them together because they bring out the best (and worst) in each other. Two boys, close in age is the best thing that ever happened to me...other than their sweet dad. Oh, and did I mention that they're pretty obsessed with planes now? Out with the trains, in with the planes! I think it was that trip to Florida...and I get requests to "go back to that hotel with the pirate ship" at least daily.

Full disclosure: I came upon this scene after giving myself a "time out" to cool off after they spread about 1000 pinto beans all over the living room floor (what was I thinking?)


Gotta go...time for LOST!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

The Redman's said...

So cute! And... another reason why I am soo excited to bring home our boy! There truly is just something pretty special about brothers-- especially close in age!

Chatter said...

You know I can relate and I too wouldn't change it for the world. Biruk was sick all weekend and while Landon and Conner played great together, it felt like something was missing while B was crashed in bed. Yay for brothers :) Boo for "you have your hands full" (I get it all the time).

Anonymous said...

Ready to taked off! I think I'd like to go the pirate ship pool too ; )

xoxo
H

Jean T said...

SO SWEET.

We had just Meghan, no Graham, last evening. Even she said 'it's not as much fun w/o Graham.' So it doesn't have to be same gender!

And I told her that I really like seeing her by herself sometimes. (Get those positive messages in there)

love you guys,
Dede

Anya said...

You amaze me...I admire your attitude!

apriljahns said...

I need to remember to say, "Thanks! It's a blast," instead of giving a smoldering look.
Anya's right about you. : )