Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Randoms

Ashen and Torin heard a live guitar last weekend (up close and personal, rather than up on a stage) at our community group meeting. They were smitten. Torin sat on my friend's lap next to the guitar for at least 5 minutes, entirely still, watching. No expression whatsoever. It was laughable, because it was so out of character for him--still and Torin don't often go together. So, that afternoon Mark dusted off his guitar and tried to tune it up (losing a string in the midst). They loved it, and strummed right along with him. Three boys playing the guitar together. Now, let's see if one of them can learn to play a song. Mama would like that.



Ashen recently discovered the joy of blocking out sound. I think maybe I should try these too--blocking out sound could be a great mothering tactic!

Here's Mark, working from home one afternoon last week. I hope he got a lot done. I sure did!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Chris can come over and do guitar lessons!

-H

Jean Wagner A Change of Art said...

Too cute. I love a guy with patience! Love you, Mark!

apriljahns said...

The headphones don't work - I've tried.