Torin still wakes up in the night. He's 12 months old. Not totally abnormal, but not preferable...usually. There's something about a baby in the middle of the night that can *sometimes* be comforting. Normally he doesn't wake until we're fast asleep and I'm embarrassed to say (because I know we should have worked on this a long time ago) that he has some milk and then goes back to sleep fairly easily. However, sometimes he wakes before we go to bed and very occassionally we let him come out into the livingroom with us. The picture below was taken on one such occasion. Seriously, how could we not indulge in such sleepy, cuddly deliciousness? Mmmm...babies.

5 comments:
Thought I'd tell you that Cora still wakes up one to two times a night for milk. I know everyone has HOT opinions about the subject, but every breastfeeding one year old that I know still wakes up during the night. So, I think it is normal. Sometimes I get frustrated and then I look at her tiny little self and her vulnerability and I think, "why do we push them so hard to be indpendent so young?" It will come. We WILL get sleep someday! I'll think of you and Torin next time I'm awake in the night and frustrated!
Who could resist a big hug like that??!! Beautiful!
-H
You are not alone. Gavin, 16 months old, has just this week begun to only wake up once in the night. Seeing my little guy sitting in his crib with his arms up in the air waiting for me makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Still - I would trade that warm and fuzzy feeling for some sleep.
Cute jammies. G has the same ones.
Oh, I totally think nursing to sleep at night is fine for a one year old! He is still a baby!!! Emma was waking to nurse every 2 hours at 12 months, and by 2 years and ever since she has been an easy, awesome sleeper, both for night and naps. They grow up a lot in the next year or two!
We nightweaned Emma at 16 or so months, and that did help things. I felt like she was ready then, and it was not fun but not too painful, either. She was ready. I don't think she would have been a few months earlier!
You won't hear anything but GO GET SOME SNUGGLES from me!! :) Kylia will be two in April and we still see each other in the middle of the night. I would've give up those cuddles - all too soon, she'll be 13. ;) Darling pic!!
~Anya
Post a Comment