Monday, February 09, 2009

Date Night ala Casita

We don't get out much. I can count on my hands the number of times we've gone out to dinner since Torin was born. We are really lucky to have lots of family in the area who graciously watch the boys from time to time while we go out, but the frequency of our dates has decreased dramatically with each child. I really want to change that, but until I figure out how to find a suitable paid sitter (to basically watch the house since the boys go to sleep at 6:30--anyone try sittercity?), we're trying 'going out' at home. This consitutes waiting to eat dinner until after the boys have gone to bed. Mmmm...the food was delish, the company unmatched. The only improvement would be hmmmm...maybe someone else cooking and cleaning the dishes? Oh, and I could have done without the call-back from Home Depot (I really needed to talk to her about an order, but of course she called back 4 hours later, and during dinner...grrr. Next time I won't answer, promise) and nevermind the handfuls of cheerios crunching under ou feet. Oh well, I'll take it.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the before and after shots.....it all looks so delicious!
Am sure you could get a grandma to cook for you whilst you go for a walk, put the kids to bed, and then you could clean up the next day. (throw a tablecloth over the stack of dishes or put em in the oven...)

You KNOW I would do all of the above if I were to be in the neighborhood (within 300 miles, even) !!

Unknown said...

We would love to watch your house! And your boys of course...:-) Too bad that we live so far apart...Miss you!

Kelly said...

I love this idea! It sounds so, so...familiar?? :) Awww my dear, I remember all too well those days of having to kiddos less than 15 months apart. It gets easier and easier I promise..and the best thing is that they always have a live-in playmate! :)
Excited to see more post-production photos! Love ya!