Indoor play activities are hard for me to come up with. I wish it was easier for me to think of a "1,001 Things to Do With a 1 and 2 year Old on a Freezing Day" (I'm sure there must be a book out there with that title). My creative cousin has a bin of beans for her daughter that Ashen liked several months ago. I finally bought some (don't know what took me so long). Like his love of the sink, and the water table, this activity can absorb him for up to an hour. Like the sink, this also causes a big mess and potential hazard (little brother likes to eat beans...at least they're organic!). He loves it and is serious about his beans.
3 comments:
I love that idea! I may have to try it. Let me know if you find that book on what to do on cold winter days. Especially if it involves a 1 and 3 year old!
What a great idea! I could have used that one over the weekend.
That's fantastic! My mom has a HUGE tub at her house full of dried beans that my older kids still love. One day (when we lived in Minnesota) I was so desperate I filled a tub with snow and brought it inside. We stayed warm but the kids got to "play" with snow. Aahhhh, good times.
Post a Comment