I have met some of the most thoughtful and intentional parents through the Ethiopian adoption community. One of my favorite blogs is Mama Papaya's. Don't get me started...the woman is Incredible. A few years ago she started the Twelve Books of Christmas. In lieu of traditional gifts for her daughters, they receive a book each day for the twelve days before Christmas, and a book (or two or three) are donated each day to Ethiopia Reads, a wonderful organization providing access to books to children across Ethiopia. Brilliant.
This year, we decided to jump on board the Twelve Books of Christmas. Without further ado, here are our twelve books:
I have had the ultimate pleasure of seeing now about 10 blogs with this 12 day program - but I gotta say, your books are RIGHT on target for my boy, too. It's so much fun to have grown up kids and have a good sense of books already, but I love the train emphasis. Blueberry is train crazy. I have a brio set that is 18 years old and it is a HIT. We have 5 Thomas trains and they aren't enough - the kid wants me to name them over and over and over. How CUTE to see what your boys love.
I'm so glad to see you're joining in the tradition. You've chosen some really great books (why am I not surprised at all!) and even have a couple of train books I hadn't seen yet.
Great picks! I am hoping to actually be on the ball next year and do this. And yes, Mama P is so stinking perfect isn't she? What I wouldn't give to have her ambition.
6 comments:
oh what an adorable idea!
I have had the ultimate pleasure of seeing now about 10 blogs with this 12 day program - but I gotta say, your books are RIGHT on target for my boy, too. It's so much fun to have grown up kids and have a good sense of books already, but I love the train emphasis. Blueberry is train crazy. I have a brio set that is 18 years old and it is a HIT. We have 5 Thomas trains and they aren't enough - the kid wants me to name them over and over and over. How CUTE to see what your boys love.
I'm so glad to see you're joining in the tradition. You've chosen some really great books (why am I not surprised at all!) and even have a couple of train books I hadn't seen yet.
I can't believe how big the boys are!
what a fun idea! chugga chugga choo choo and freight train are two of j-m's favorite books! xoxo
Great picks! I am hoping to actually be on the ball next year and do this. And yes, Mama P is so stinking perfect isn't she? What I wouldn't give to have her ambition.
You have two more on the way. ;)
Post a Comment