Monday, December 07, 2009

I have to remember...

...moments like these.

This evening the boys got their favorite airplanes out of the sink where they had been playing with them this afternoon. They were a little bit wet, and Ashen's plane dripped ever so slightly on his arm. He launched into a full blown meltdown, (fake) crying about how his arm was wet and he needed a towel. It was dramatic. I wiped his arm off with a nearby towel, but I couldn't help but compete with his theatrics. His plane also dripped a tiny bit on my pant leg, so I started (fake) crying and whining about how I needed a towel and how I was so wet, etc. Torin was looking on this whole time (though I wasn't paying any attention to him). Ashen and I started giggling, while he realized how silly the whole situation was. Soon he jumped up and ran out of the room and I soon heard a shrill scream. Looking up I saw Torin in the doorway, holding a big towel (that Ashen was trying to pull out of his hands) running toward me. "Mama! Towel!" as he gently wiped the wet spots on my pants. Oh, cry me a river...that did me in. I don't think it gets any sweeter than that. Oh, a son who takes care of his mother is more than enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy moly again! That is so sweet. Aw shucks TT!

-H

Jean Wagner A Change of Art said...

Those are the moments that bring it home.

apriljahns said...

Oh, that made me a little teary.