Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas '09



Christmas festivities are officially over as of 6pm last night. Five days of fun was had by one and all. Several hundred miles and a few car-naps later, here's a peak at a bit of the week:








Amidst three family gatherings over four days, we spent Christmas Day at home as a family of four. Instead of waking up to a tree full of gifts, the boys each opened a stocking that contained a pack of gum and a matchbox motorcycle--they were elated. Then they opened their only Christmas Day present--the game Let's Go Fishin'. Then we packed up their Plasma Cars and headed over (still in their jammies) to the tennis courts to ride around and soak up the sun before coming home to watch The Polar Express and make a birthday cake for the Birthday Boy. It was a peaceful, beautiful day.

Another week that was utterly exhausting, but worth every second. We celebrated with all our families and are so grateful to have everyone close.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I can't wait to go cruising with the little ones... I'll bring my helmet too! Super fun week!

xoxo
H

Cami said...

Such great pictures! I love them. So glad your Christmas was a great one.

cathy said...

look at their matching jammies!!! how adorable. and I love the birthday cake.