Monday, December 21, 2009

Harry Potter's Apprentice





Torin had a very unfortunate run-in with our slate fireplace hearth yesterday afternoon. One that brought a "wee-ooo" and then a trip to the hospital for "glue" (Did you know you can now say "you're going to need glue, rather than stitches). We're so grateful for firefighters, medical personnel and that the gash was not one inch lower. He's a trooper. The Dr. said that it's VERY RARE for a child his age to lie quietly while being worked on. He was so brave.

I was not home when the accident occurred (was out grocery shopping and rushed home), so Ashen was Mark's right-hand man and ran to get Torin's beloved blanket, and answered the door for the firemen. He spoke kind words to his brother and asked for this band-aid at the hospital and has been wearing it in solidarity ever since.


I'm so proud of my boys (and their Super-Dad who has grace under pressure).

10 comments:

Arielle said...

Glad everyone's OK!

Cami said...

Oh, poor guy! Glad he's okay. Too cute of Ashen.

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor TT! I just want to give him a big hug!

xoxo
H

Mama Papaya said...

Oh how scary. Nasty gash in a scary spot. Am I correct in assuming that at this point the one with the glued forehead is the least upset about the matter?

Gator received her first goose egg yesterday stemming from an over exuberant hug from big sis. The one with the bump was far, far less upset than the one who did the bumping. Almost put her in a hat so the big kid would stop the fretting over it.

Here's to quick healers (and in Torin's case, bangs)!

Carrie (who has borrowed the dog's surgical glue for her own fingers more than once)

cathy said...

harry potter would love him. i'm glad you're all safe and sound now and hopefully relaxing from the trauma. it will make a great story someday.

Chris and Cassie said...

How very scary for you all!! I'm so glad Torin is doing okay considering and that you were close to home! He'll be talking about that scar for years!

Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings said...

Wow, a fireman visit and everything! Thats scary stuff! Good work, Daddy Mark!

Delia had to be restrained and screamed bloody murder for her stitches -- pretty awful. We didn't get the option of glue!!!

I love that Ashen helped so much and is wearing a band-aid of solidarity. Yay for big bros!

Anonymous said...

count me relieved. Appears that all concerned did all the right things.
MWLF

Chatter said...

Poor kiddo. That must have been quite the scare. I think I'd be grateful that I wasn't around for that one. Hope you are all recovering and doing well.
Chandra

Anya said...

Oh man...glad he's ok! And props to Mark for being super-dad!! :)