Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tighty Whities



We're venturing down the road hopefully "one child in diapers" rather than two. No pressure though...it's his own idea. We weren't planning on orchestrating anything until he is 3, but the excitement of the potty got hold of him, and now he's sporting some Thomas undies. I have the timer set to ring every 20 minutes, and we'll see how this goes. It's been about a week of inconsistent potty training. We'll try the underwear for a couple hours this morning before we have to get going for the day. The funniest part is watching Torin try to climb up onto the toilet (no baby potty for us...are we crazy?). I would welcome an extra early potty trainer, not to mention the cash savings. I know one fellow blogger who is so lucky to have a 14 month old who is potty trained!!! SO, there is always wishful thinking. For now, I'm going to relish in how cute my big boy is in his tighty whities.

8 comments:

Christina said...

Sarah, did I already ask you where you got the rug on the floor? I love it!

Mark and Sarah said...

It's a Pottery Barn rug...for a crazy deal on Craigslist :)

Kristen said...

Cora has been potty training for the last 10 days and doing great! she tells me when she needs to go and has had few accidents. I totally did NOT expect or push, but she was just so interested. We do have a little potty, though, and I recommend. They have little ones at Ikea with books that go along. good luck!

Anonymous said...

Looks like A is really excited about his new underwear... I love that they have Thomas!!

-H

Unknown said...

Hi there!
Lily has been doing both numbers on the potty from when she was seven months. We cannot brag about it, since it just happened. Everytime we changed diapers she peed on us (well, either of us), so we just tried putting her on the potty every time we changed, and she seemed to have no problem with it. It's become a natural thing for her to sit there doing her thing. So since then, there has only been number two in the diaper a couple of times. BIG money saver for us! Yay!
We're sorry that we haven't updated our blog. We just love our house so much and the warm summer, that we simply have no time for picture fixing and computer stuff :)
Take care now! Love from us

Kelly said...

Oy. I cannot even THINK ahead to that....I've been out of potty training for so long now.. maybe I'm too old to start all over?? ha ha LOVE the boys room - it looks fantastic!

Christina said...

lol...thwarted by Craigslist again! At least you didn't say your mom made it; then I really might have cried ;)

Mama Papaya said...

Sending you good potty thoughts. I so look forward to having the littlest one totally out of diapers. I get giddy just thinking about it.