I grew broccoli rabe this year for this recipe. I had no idea it would flourish and be ready in six short weeks. We had two huge bundles this week, and made the dish last night with some fresh pasta from the farmer's market and it was awesome. Who knew this obscure veggie would be so yummy? I'm always so proud of myself when I cook with lots of greens because I always despised them growing up and had to swallow them with loads of milk...in order to get that necessary dessert. See mom and dad, you didn't have to worry. Now I'm eating veggies you don't even eat!
5 comments:
I've never even heard of broccoli rabe!
Wow Sarah-that sounds like an awesome (and healthy) recipe. Did you grow the broccoli rabe from seed? I'm not even sure I've really ever eaten it - it's kind of nutty, right? I'm looking for more veg that I can grow in our small yard...Might check this out!
Yep, Heidi. I grew it from seed. Was super easy. Here's a link to the seeds I love (but I'm sure most would be just fine!). http://www.reneesgarden.com/seeds/seeds-hm/vegB.htm
It's a little nutty. A little bitter (but not when it's home grown). Just good.
Definitely going to try this one. We've got wonderful Broccoli Rabe at our food co-op.
I kind of want to hang that photo on the wall! Delish!
-H
Post a Comment