Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Strawberry Fields Forever

It was our boys paradise...all you can eat strawberries! I couldn't pick them fast enough for Ash, who was quickly gobbling up the strawberries in my box. Torin picked his own--green, pink and red. It didn't matter, he was in heaven.

Their experience to date with strawberries has been a) from the store/farmers market b) from our very small and new plants at our house c) from a house down the street who curiously planted a bunch of plants right on the sidewalk, perfect for kids...hope he doesn't mind these boys take a few every day. So...to have rows and rows of berries was pretty unbelievable for these two. It was gorgeous out at the farm, surrounded by corn fields and forested hills.

It's so nice to spend time in the country. Sometimes I dream of a house in the country, with lots of room for endless gardens and space for the kids to roam. Then I'm torn by my love of the city and the proximity to my favorite French bakery, grocery store, neighbors I know and see often, beaches, parks, sidewalks and diversity. We really have it pretty good.




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yum! Great shots - your boys are getting so big!

The Davis Family said...

I went strawberry picking every summer when I live in the Carolinas. I haven't been here. I should take my kids! Any suggestions on where to go?

You are so great at gardening! I do not have a green thumb. Plants come to my house to die. I don't even know where to start.

Johanna said...

French bakery, French bakery!! Soon, ok? Your boys loook fun and cute, as usual :)

Mama Papaya said...

Beautiful pictures. What a gorgeous day and location.