Thursday, March 31, 2011

Out like a Lion

I'm sick. I have been for a week now. I am generally healthy as a horse. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was sick, unless you count morning sickness a few years ago. Of course, the week before I go back to work, I get sick. I woke up last Friday morning, after spending the previous day overdoing it in the yard, with my eyelids stuck together. Nothing major, but significant since the only time that's ever happened is when I had pink eye as a child. I immediately canceled our dinner party for the following evening, but then an hour or two later, I thought--maybe this isn't pink eye. Maybe I just irritated my eyes by standing in the cement dust from the jackhammer. I called my dear friend who happens to be a Doctor and explained my symptoms and offered to send her a couple photos to see what she thought. I really wanted it to be an allergic reaction. She couldn't tell, but thought it might be pink eye. Well, after a couple more days of the same, my symptoms started getting worse to the point where I lost my voice and could barely swallow because of a sore throat. My ear hurt bad. I finally went to the Dr. yesterday to see if there was something she could do. Nope. It's viral. It has to heal on its own. Blah, blah, blah (I love my doc, but I wanted her to heal me). Her prescription was heavy doses of Advil.

The worst part? Having to wear glasses full time. I feel like I'm stuck in a tunnel. The best part? I kept Ashen home from school this week because he had similar symptoms (though much less severe). We have had a great time in the cabin, and I'm savoring it knowing that next Monday (God willing...if this doesn't clear up I will have to call in sick on my first day of work!) I will be back to work.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I HATE having to wear my glasses too!! If gives me a headache from not having as much range of motion in my vision.

Sorry you're sick momma...but agreed...take advantage of this week at home to prep for your new scheduling next week! :)

Cami said...

Hoping you feel better soon!

Laura said...

Hope you're feeling better today my friend!!