I love this girl. How she shines! She wakes up kicking her legs and flailing her legs in pure excitement for the day ahead of her and the people she gets to spend it with. We are blessed. Sweet Bereket had some anxiety her first days with us and weeks home. As a mom, I could sense it. She was also waking up scared in the night and acting very hyper-vigilant all the time. She just did not seem relaxed. People would note that she was very 'alert' and 'aware of her surroundings.' By golly, she was. Having been transitioned four times in her short life (as is typical of kids adopted from Ethiopia) she did not know where she would wake up next and who would be changing her next diaper. It's only been six weeks, but this girl is settling in. She is beginning to trust us and count on us. She is eager to be with us. I think she knows she's going to be okay.
I am really enjoying getting to know her. Here are a few words I would use to describe her: joyful, passionate, easy going, social, curious, funny, alert, affectionate, and oh so drippingly sweet.
I am gushing because I love this girl...
When I hear Joshua Radin's song, Brand New Day, I think about how much life my daughter has ahead of her. So much goodness awaits her, and I can't wait to be right beside her.
It's a brand new day
The sun is shining
It's a brand new day
For the first time
In such a long long time
I know
I'll be okay
9 comments:
I love this post...yes, she is drippingly adorable!!! I love it. Missed seeing you today. Hopefully next week. I miss you guys!
I, too, am loving this post. Her personality really seems to shine through. So glad to hear she's been able to relax a little bit. Isn't it amazing how resilient our children are?!
Holy moly cuteness!!
xoxo
H
Love that song, and this post. It's great to know her through your description. And it's great to hear that she's settling in, trusting you, and loving you so much. Looking forward to meeting her soon!
Beautiful! So wonderful to hear more about sweet baby B -- what a doll she is! So glad she is settling in, too!
You can tell she's just bursting with energy and joy. And social???? Good luck with that. You'll be chasing her for the next 8 years. She's lovely.
I've read this post about four times and cry every time. Bereket and her new family are richly blessed, and that includes us extended Grandmas.
xo, Gma Bean
Beauty!
Just swinging by to bask in the joy again. :)
Post a Comment