Thursday, July 29, 2010
Away
Last week we spent a few days away at Mark's late Grandpa Earl's home. It is in the most lovely spot--close to a beautiful beach, up the hill from the train tracks, on a large wild plot of land where deer wander through at all hours, and boys (and soon girls!) can roam free. It offers opportunities for what childhood is made of: lazy days indoors and out (unfortunately I forgot my camera for most of the outdoor fun). Ashen and Torin had their first opportunity to "chase deer." At all times they were listening for train whistles so they could rush down to see it rumble past. Vacationing with kids is not a lot of work (the prep alone almost made me crazy) but we all were grateful for the chance to slow down and enjoy each other for a few days, though Grandpa Earl's absence was palpable and he was missed.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
looks like fun!
That looks like a wonderful getaway. How nice to be able to visit, remember & honor Grandpa Earl. I am sure he was missed!
When you asked on fb about a rental vacation hs, I thought to myself, Self, why don't they go to Gpa Earl's??? The price is right. Glad y'all figured that out all by yourselves. :) And that it went well.
Yay, A. Dede
Oooh, I LOVE baby sister's hair!
So glad you got away!! Miss B's hair is getting SO long!!
Oh how lovely! Perfect (in piggies)!
This sounds absolutely divine! I can't even put into words how important these little family getaways are to maintaining sanity and reconnecting. I'm so glad you guys had the opportunity to get away and get back to what's truly important!
Post a Comment