Monday, October 26, 2009

YouTube Trains


My boys, especially Ashenafi, have become passionate about watching train videos on YouTube. Diesels, Steam, Electric, you name it, he loves it. I never knew that people actually videotaped regular old trains doing their business, for the pleasure of others--never even thought about it. I have no idea who you are, videographers, but thank you from my almost-3-year-old son who is over the moon with trains. I, on the other hand, am kinda fed up with having to find new videos every 2-5 minutes and wish there was a continuous feed of good (there are a lot of bad ones) train videos...say a 30 minute ongoing segment :)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jean T said...

Google to the rescue! I entered 'train dvd' and up popped several sources of train movies. The array of choices is wide and prices vary, so I'm leaving it to you and yours (Christmas gifts, anyone?) to choose.

love, Dede

Johanna said...

Way to be creative in finding entertaining videos for your sons! Is "Thomas the Train" too boring for them? That could let you breathe for a good hour at least.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness-- j-m is gonna love you for this! thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can make one up at Grandpa's next time we're up there!

-H

Jean Wagner A Change of Art said...

Watch out on YouTube. I was showing Isaac or Ashen the laughing baby video once and there was some X-rated stuff being "advertised" right below it. I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

jayme said...

uhm, I could have written this post myself. It's awesome that they're engaged and interested in something, but I agree -- the obsession is a bit much.

We borrowed a great DVD from the library called "My Big Train Trip". It tells the story of a boy and his family who travel across Canada (Toronto to Vancouver) by train. The conductor's name is Doug Briscoe, and he is now Elijah's idol (we returned the video weeks ago, and I still hear that name daily!)

Mama Papaya said...

Hee hee. Love how guilty the big kid looks.