I'm having trouble with Halloween costumes. First, I purchased this dragon costume below. Size was 2-4 years. Should fit at least one of my boys, right? Nope. Too small for either. Notice it crushing Ashen's eye below, it's so tight.

It was like capris on both boys. Ashen insisted on trying it on every day until I returned it.
Costumes take two: Purchased another dragon costume as well as a monkey costume. Ashen willingly tried on the dragon, but after getting sweaty hot in the fleece, I took it off and as I took it off, the velcro (used instead of a zipper) caught on his hair. It was a reject after that. Anything that snags his hair is no longer a friend. Torin simply refused to try on his costume--bad memories of the first dragon, I think. Back to the store they went.
I really wanted to make or buy a Max (Wild Things) costume for Ashen, but don't want to pay $150 on Etsy, and haven't found the inspiration to try to make one (yet). I would love Torin to be a Wild Thing--that would be so fitting for him, but I have no idea how I'd make the head/mask to look anything like the book.
We'll see. This will be our first year with costumes, if I'm successful at making or buying some that the boys will wear. Ashen loves costumes, I just need to find something that's not painful.
It was like capris on both boys. Ashen insisted on trying it on every day until I returned it.
Costumes take two: Purchased another dragon costume as well as a monkey costume. Ashen willingly tried on the dragon, but after getting sweaty hot in the fleece, I took it off and as I took it off, the velcro (used instead of a zipper) caught on his hair. It was a reject after that. Anything that snags his hair is no longer a friend. Torin simply refused to try on his costume--bad memories of the first dragon, I think. Back to the store they went.
We'll see. This will be our first year with costumes, if I'm successful at making or buying some that the boys will wear. Ashen loves costumes, I just need to find something that's not painful.
6 comments:
That photo of TT in the costume cracks me up! I know he's sad, poor guy!
-H
Ashen looks kinda like an oompa loompa in that last one!
Wow, how do you not spend every minute laughing when they're walking around in those?!
Hilarious! Too cute. Our problem will be what costume hasn't fallen apart by Halloween. They are wearing them out!!!
Psst. Just call my mom.
try value village or a local thrift store. we have quite the dress-up corner and didn't pay more than 2.99 for a costume!!! good luck in your search....
Post a Comment