Monday, October 05, 2009
Pucker Up!
As much as I want to say 'no' to lemons because of the self-induced torture--I'm choosing my battles very carefully lately, in an effort to be more positive and less squashing of his little uniquenesses. The "almost 3s' are hard for mamas--I'm on a huge learning curve and have been humbled a few dozen times in the last week. I'm thankful for what I'm learning though, and hope to share more when I can gather my thoughts.
We're off to get our fingerprints done at Homeland Security soon--and we're bringing the boys due to some poor pre-planning on our part. Hopefully there won't be stories to tell about that lovely visit. I remember last time all too well, and have been lotioning up like crazy today.
On another wonderful note, I spent yesterday alone at our house due to a series of fortunate events. Mark took the boys off to a nearby island to spend the day with his folks, leaving me home to restore my soul (well, almost, but I got closer). I'm trying to make a concerted effort to make more time for me. It's hard! It was the first time I can remember since before Ashen that I've spent a day alone at home. It was wonderful. I didn't 'relax' in the way one might think--but I cleaned the floors, dusted, walked to the farmers market, did laundry and watched a movie, made 3 pans of lasagna and rummaged through the boys clothes and toys to get rid of ones they've outgrown. I dreamed of a weekend alone where one day I would do things like that, and the second day I would take a bubble bath, read a book, nap and eat pastries. I could see it becoming a regular occurance around here. Mark even said last night after he came home and saw how refreshed and appreciative I was, "Maybe we'll have to make every other Sunday your day." I don't know what to think. Elated?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Raw onion, lemon: interesting taste preferences!!
Hurray for 'you' time. I don't know how you do all that you do....grace, I think. I'm betting on grace.
love,
Dede
Just send them over to my place ; )
-H
ps Send a few pastries along too!
Sarah-- that's exactly what I would ask for: a day to clean, organize, sort, and another day to have a bubble bath, nap, eat pastries, read, and sleep some more! xo
Wow, I might not pick that lemon-eating as a battle just to keep watching that cute expression on his face! :)
So glad you got some much deserved time to yourself! And don't worry about Ashen and the lemons - I used to do the same thing. :)
I remember the picture of Ashen eating an onion and crying... Now it's lemon!
Good luck on the fingerprints. You'd think they keep them in store, just in case. Maybe one ought to tell them that fingerprints do not change in one's lifetimes. Frustrating.
And hooray for your me-day. Hopefully it'll happen more often :) Next time you'll have to do what you had planned for your second weekend day. It's crazy how we, non-moms, take these times on our own for granted.
every other sunday? you lucky, lucky gal!!!! take it! and keep giving him lemons... at least they prevent scurvy.
That day sounds amazing! And the offer for more sounds even MORE amazing! Yeah!
At least there is a reason for your three year old making that face. My just shoots me that one at random. And by random, I mean when I ask her to do something atrocious like actually eat a couple bites. The horror.
May the peace of the weekend follow you through the week! And fingers crossed on the fingerprints.
Every other Sunday! Someone should throw Mark a parade (after he talks to my husband first, of course).
Post a Comment