Sunday, April 29, 2007

A family heirloom

We're still reeling with amazement for our little boy. Ashen's referral couldn't have come at a better time (well, other than sooner :-). Saturday a dozen ladies in my family all gathered in LaConner to sew Ashen's Good Wishes Quilt. I was so honored that all of these women would devote an entire day to sewing and ironing (thanks, Tricia & Jen!) the quilt. The day was reminiscent of what I imagine old quilting circles were like back in the day. We had a lot of laughs and a few tears too. What a wonderful family I have.

The top is almost done and I couldn't be happier. It's beautiful. Ashen is going to have many tummy-time opportunities to gaze at all of the gorgeous fabrics from people who loved him before they knew him. A couple of you asked for a sneak peak, so here's a glimpse at what will soon be a family heirloom. I'll be sure to post pics when it's all done (hopefully before he's home).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi, Sarah.
Congratulations - I've been following your story for a few weeks after seeing your link on Rachel's blog.
May God bring your son home safely and uphold you as you "try" to wait patiently! What a joy!
-Sarah (Everett) Brody

Anonymous said...

What a stunningly amazing and awesome work of art and love!! Lucky Ashen Lenssen!!
xo