Welcomed into the world on February 2nd, 2008 at 6:30pm
days before his 3rd birthday
Oh, how to put Torin into a few words?
Funny
Silly
Passionate
Persistent
Mischievous
Ball-o-Energy
Stubborn
Creative
I love the opportunity this blog gives me to take time to reflect about each of my kids on their birthdays. To take a snapshot of them at each year for memory's sake.
Torin is always up for a good time. He's one of those kids that likes to talk to strangers and leaves a first impression of "class clown." Since he was a few months old (no joke), we could tell that he had a wicked sense of humor. A few months ago he made up his first knock-knock joke: "Knock-knock. Who's there? Ya. Ya-who? Yahoo? You're not a cowboy!!" He loves to make faces and can contort his face in a million different ways, and they all make me laugh. He accompanies the funny faces with sound effects. Even the way he talks has a comedic melody to it. He is constantly laughing.
Some of his favorite things to do:
-Playing Chase
-Playing with cars/trucks (recent favorite is a monster truck)
-Anything involving a ball
-Painting
-Playing with rocketships
-Playing at the park, particularly in the sand
-Riding his bike
-Cooking
-Playing with the computer or iPad
-Taking a bath
-Snacking
Favorite foods: Carbs (crackers, booty, cereal, baked goods), fruit, cheese, yogurt, anything sweet
Favorite Music: Whatever his brother likes. Currently Taylor Swift and Shakira
Right now he wants more than anything to join Ashen at school each day. When we drop Ashen off in the morning, he sprints to the classroom ahead of us in order to "sneak in" for a few minutes of play before I have to drag him out. He tells me daily that he wants to stay. Knowing that he is going next year does not appease him. September is waaaaaaaaaaay too far away for a three year old.

I cherish the very close relationship I have with this little boy. He truly makes my heart sing.
9 comments:
You forgot to put "adorable" on your list. - Auntie C
Beautiful. Love you Tor! Happy 3rd Birthday. Yahoo-ooo!
xoxo
H
Happy Birthday bouncing boy!! Every time we get to see you I think you've been pouncing or jumping or bouncincg! :) Have a super fun birthday!!
Love,
Caleb, Micah, Levi, Maleah (& their mommy and daddy too!)
Ahhh... life with a 3 year old! Beautiful post Sarah and what a perfect picture of you & Torin (I assume he's giving you a kiss). I also love the one of you & Mark on his birth day. So precious...
Happy birthday, Torin! What a wonderful (and fun!) son you have.
Love that picture of you two.
Happy birthday, cutie patootie Torin
Here's to three! Happy birthday Torin!
Torin is definitely his own little man. He is the kind of kid you want to listen to because of his curiosity. "Gwamma. WHY do you have 5 clocks up there? You're cwazy, Gwamma. I want 5 clocks too."
What I love about him is his passion. He can be so loving and again so FIERCE. He is a force to reckon with. It is always fun to watch him grow. I love you Torin!
What a lovely post to your son! How is it possible that I forgot that Torin and the twins share a birthday. Oh, to be well-rested and have a sharp mind like the old days! Someday it will all come back to us, right?! Lots of love to you and your family!
Anna and company
Post a Comment