This is one of those books that changes you and your view of the world. It's all about Haiti, and an amazingly inspirational man, Paul Farmer, the head of Partners in Health who have been working in Haiti for over 20 years. It will give you insight into the people that we are all thinking about and praying for... it's been a couple years since I last read it. I think I'm going read it again as a part of my grieving process.
7 comments:
S - I'm taking the time to read Edwidge Danticat's "Brother, I'm Dying" http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/09/books/review/Row-t.html as part of my focus on Haiti. It helps - to be more aware, doesn't it?
One of the best books I've ever read!
I love this book! thanks for the reminder to go through it again!
Thanks, Sarah.....post a link to this on FB?
Such a good book. I was just thinking of getting it off my bookshelf and re-reading it. Thanks for the reminder.
It was a great book indeed. And it gives such a great view of Haiti and its people.
It's on my bedside table. I read her book Among Schoolchildren. Great author.
Post a Comment