Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Haiti
In light of the situation in Haiti, I've felt like anything I might blog about in my daily life is very trivial compared to what is happening flight hours away. I think about Haiti almost incessantly (when not distracted by the demands of my boys, of which there are many); still feeling shocked, angered and saddened by the senseless suffering of so many. Oh the horror of an unjust world where infrastructure is sorely lacking, the poor are marginalized, and life hangs in the balance every day. And then there is an earthquake. I always have to ask God, "why?", to which there is never a clear answer. I will never understand why there is seemingly senseless suffering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hear you...I can't wrap my brain around the pain and devastation.
I feel so useless. So sad. I have written letters. I have given. I have cried. And does any of it matter?
i know. i know!!!
I finally did a blog post tonight after a week of thinking nothing was blog worthy. While I'd love to dedicate one to Haiti I never know how to express that side of my emotions. And then today they were blasted with yet another earthquake.... why?
And MP, I do like to think our help does matter! Grieve for them, I like to think it will relieve some of their suffering. And I really do hope sending funds is worth something (especially depending on the charity you choose).
Thanks for the book recommendation Sarah although I'm still recovering from 1000 splendid suns.
Chandra
Post a Comment