Thursday, September 24, 2009

You're soooo funny

My boys get into laughing fits. I'm sure all kids do, but it's absolutely hilarious to watch. They can both get each other to laugh and often whoever starts out being funny is quickly mimicked by the other one. For example, at meal times it's normal for one of them to start making a loud, strange sound--quickly laughter erupts--and the the other one mimicks them until they're in symphony. Laugh. Rinse. Repeat.

Yesterday they were out enjoying the unseasonable "Fall" 80+ degree weather at the water table. Ashen is our water baby and though the water was icy cold, he didn't mind pouring it over his head to drench himself for a few laughs. Of course, Torin thought this was really funny, but chose to drink water out of the train's smokestack rather than mimick him. Of course, if brother is laughing, each will continue their activity as long as they can milk it. Entertainers. That's what they are. Their laughter is music to my ears (when it doesn't involve total mischief--like the half roll of toilet paper stuffed into the toilet the other day. I hate using plungers. Gross.).





Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at those smiles! Fantastic!

-H

Simply Life said...

You definitely have the cutest kids in the entire world and nothing beats their smiles :)

Thanks for the comments and helpful hints! About the measuring of spices - I don't actually measure them too often and take a guess, maybe I guessed a little off last time?! Opps, I think I should stick with "to taste."

Christina said...

Fabulous pictures. I have to ask - is A standing on something, or is he seriously that much taller than T?

Mark and Sarah said...

Hmmm, Christina, you're right, he does look oddly taller than T. He's definitely taller, but he must have been up a bit of a slope or something. they're about 5 inches apart. Ashen is TALL--about 40 inches and still 2.

Kelly said...

I cannot believe how big these boys are getting.... :(

So cute. ;)

I know...can you believe how warm it still is?? At least our mornings and evenings are cooling off...

AuntyMaryLa said...

TOTAL JOY. You two (four!) are definitely doing SOMETHING right. (read EVERYTHING, IMHO!)

Mama Papaya said...

And now we're in coats. Hopefully they have as much fun with leaves!