Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lucky Wee-ooo!

How do my boys get so lucky? I tell you, if it's not getting into a train one day, it's a bus, a backhoe or in this case, a fire engine. Boy were they excited to go see the "wee-ooo"(think of the sound a fire engine makes). Ashen's teachers organized a visit from our local fire department to their preschool. The firemen (they were all men in this case) showed up and did a great little presentation including suiting up in their full gear so the kids could see it's really just a nice guy under all that getup. I've been fortunate to never met a fireman in a real fire--but from what I witnessed with the mask and oxygen and flashlight on their jacket, I can bet it would be freakin' scary to meet up with one of these guys in the middle of the night in a fire if you were a little person. Of course, the boys probably have no idea what the heck the guys were dressing up in costume for, and were most interested in the size of the tires on the truck.

Ashen was pretty scared of the firemen and refused to give them a high-five, and wouldn't let them pick him up and put him in the engine. He finally went into the engine toward the end when I was able to boost him up--you can see the big smile on his blurry face. I think he's still working through the fear of their visit. Torin, in his true style, was high-fiving the firemen, and was the first one up in the engine (he doesn't even go to school there!), and was trying to escape into the drivers' seat (see the photo below with the fireman grabbing his leg as he tries to topple over the console).








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cool! What a fun visit... Yay!

-H