My biggest regrets:
Sure, it's "just hair" but that hair had a place in my heart, in my soul. Strange, I didn't even realize it until it was gone. It's left me with a pit in my stomach. Of course, he's darling. It's just different and my Goldilocks is gone. The jury is out on whether those curls will reappear with the new growth...the baby fine hair is certainly gone.
I'm going to go and cry now. Feel free to join me.
- Taking him to a salon
- Letting a woman (at a kid's hair place no less), who ignored my child, cut his hair
- Not getting the heck out when she didn't get what "cut two inches" and "kinda long" meant
- Not spelling out the words "leave some curls"
- Allowing her to cut his hair "like a boy"
- Not taking a loc from his first haircut, before she swept them into the bin with the rest of the week's hair
- ETA: I also regret not listening to the countless mom's I know who have had similarly bad salon experiences. Now I understand.
Sure, it's "just hair" but that hair had a place in my heart, in my soul. Strange, I didn't even realize it until it was gone. It's left me with a pit in my stomach. Of course, he's darling. It's just different and my Goldilocks is gone. The jury is out on whether those curls will reappear with the new growth...the baby fine hair is certainly gone.
I'm going to go and cry now. Feel free to join me.
8 comments:
While he still looks absolutely GORGEOUS, I totally understand and cry with you. So insensitive, that hair stylist! I can't cut Cora's hair for the life of me...
Oh Sarah...I have a huge lump in my throat. He looks like such a little boy now! I just loved his sweet curls. Like Kristen said, he's still such a cutie, but I'll definitely miss the curls.
I was right where you are when Blake got his first hair cut. I thought I was going to cry right there in the salon! I feel for you. He still looks absolutely darling of course. And most likely, the curls will grow back!
Oh no! Not that he still isn't totally squeezable and adorable, but darn if he isn't a little boy now. Sniff, sniff.
Oh, this made me so sad! I wish you would have been able to save a lock. But, he looks precious now - like a little boy!
I am so sorry! Boo-hoo. Haircutting can be so hit or miss, especially with kids. Luke prefers this big Russian-speaking guy at Ben's barber shop - go figure.... It's hard to see your baby turn into a little boy sometimes... Sniff, sniff...
He looks really cute :) Still, this lady should have known that moms want to keep their baby's first haircut's hair -if that makes sense. I'm crying with you!
He looks JUST LIKE YOU at age one! You never had the curls, but with the haircut, TT is your double. Wish I could upload a "twin" picture here!
Post a Comment