Monday, May 18, 2009

Celebrating

Mmmmm...yum. I love to host celebrations, and there's little I like celebrating more than babies and my sister. Last weekend I hosted my sister's baby shower. Her baby girl is due in just a few weeks, and we can't wait to meet her! I think one of the reason I love to host showers it the opportunity to make pretty party food. Though hosting is stressful for the hours leading up to the event (cleaning, cooking, cleaning some more), once the party-goers arrive and everyone is enjoying themselves and gobbling up food, it's so worth it.



We also put together a colorful piece of wall art for the baby's room. Everyone made a flower out of fabric and I'm going to mount them on the canvas. It's really cute.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Can you make me a mini-bundt cake sometime?!

-H

Johanna said...

Oh yum! And congrats to your sister! Exciting times ahead :)

cathy said...

that food looks amazing. how great are you? you cook and garden and are a mommy... wow.

House of richteR said...

Thanks lil sis! It was an awesome shower.

Mama Papaya said...

What a beautiful and tasty looking celebration. You do excellent showering. Okay, that sounds wrong, but I don't know how to fix it...