Friday, December 05, 2008

Early Christmas Cookies

Mark got in the mood to bake the other evening and whipped up some dough for chocolate crinkle cookies. Have I ever mentioned my husband's extreme weakness for chocolate? Since they needed to chill for hours, he didn't have the chance to bake them. Yesterday about 4:20 (close to meltdown time in our house), I decided it was time to distract A and teach him how to roll cookie dough balls in powdered sugar...mmmm, fun task! He took it stride and carefully listened to instruction and is well on his way to some baking awards. I especially liked how after he rolled the cookie ball around in the suger, he would toss it over to the cookie sheet, and powdered sugar would puff into the air as it landed. Of course, what 2 year old can pass up an opportunity to lick the white powdery deliciuosness from his fingers while baking? Not mine.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! What a stylish shirt he has on ; )

Save a cooky for me!

-H

mary said...

I LOVE that little apron on him--so cute!