Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bedtime


I love reading with my boys. Ashen is a reading f-a-n-a-t-i-c. We have mountains of books. I like it that way. Ashen has begun reading to himself at random times during the day. Caps for Sale, We All Went On Safari, and Richard Scarry's Airport Book are among the favorites right now. Baby Dance happened to be the first book we began reading Torin when we started a bedtime routine with him when he was about 4 months old. We still read it each night, along with several others. Ann snapped this photo the other evening. I think when my babies are grown and away, I will look back on this photo and choke up, remembering the sweet moments with them at this age.

6 comments:

Chris and Cassie said...

Oh I used to love Richard Scarry Books. I think I still have all of my old ones in Pittsburgh. That's so great your boys are good little readers.

How fun and what a cute pic

Anonymous said...

great glimpse into your evening routine.... this is one of the best shots ever, of you and TT.....the composition, the feeling, the color,
.....yum!

The Redman's said...

VERY cute picture! About getting the snarls out of the hair... on non bath days I just squirt Grace's hair with a water bottle and then I add a bit of some creamy leave-in conditioner. The spray in stuff doesn't really seem to do the job. I've just been using some drugstore- Garnier Fructise brand of creamy leave-in and it seems to work great. Hope that helps. :) And yes, we'll have to plan another get together sometime.

-Suzi

Jean Wagner A Change of Art said...

That is very sweet. The best of times, those are!

JT said...

This is a great picture! Torin looks so focused on his book :) I am sure they'll remember reading time with fondness as well.

Miss you!

Laurzie said...

Absolutely precious!