Sorry for my lapse in kid photos. I've received several passive aggressive emails from my most loyal readers (not mentioning names, mom and aunt mary) saying that they have been compulsively checking for photos to no avail. So, the truth is that our camera broke. The screen is now black, which means I have no clue what I'm photographing. This has posed a problem not only for my blog readers, but also for Sew Yummy. No camera means I can't post new items in my shop! Since our camera is from Costco and we bought it nearly 3 years ago, my sister tells me I may be able to get a refund!?! That would be a dream, considering we paid a pretty penny for the now very outdated camera, and the refund would buy me the camera I really want since it's a 2007 model and I can find it for almost half the price of what's listed. So today my MIL is here with her camera and she and I were able to snap a few photos to share.
The boys are changing so fast. Ashen has become the most fun-loving, sweet, silly boy in the last week. Seriously I think he went to bed one night cranky, and woke up the next morning totally happy and joyful and hasn't looked back. He went through a 2+ month period where he was agitated, moody, cranky, disobedient...and teething (8 teeth in 2 months!!)...too terrible-twoish for me to handle. The new Ashen is absolutely a pleasure to be around and makes parenting so much more fun.
Torin is on an incredible development growth streak. He's 7. 5 months. About a month ago he began crawling and this weekend he began pulling himself up to standing and will play for 10 minutes while standing and holding onto something. This morning he greeted us by standing up in his crib and ba-ba-ba-ing at us as Mark and I tried to soak up our last moments of rest. He's irresistable.
Our house is coming along too. My dad is here this week to work, and Mark is home for a few days...so the three of them (Mark's dad is a constant) are getting trim up on the exterior (the windows are in) and will start siding the place. After that the insulation will go in and then drywall! One step at a time. It can feel incredibly slow when you watch each board and nail go in, but others who aren't around it all the time think things are going quickly. I try to hang on to their enthusiasm. Hopefully we'll be done before Christmas.
Sew Yummy is doing really well...19 sales already this month! Unfortunately, I'm not keeping up as well. My stash of inventory is dwindling a bit. I need more time! Isn't that what we all say?!? I have a bundle of new fabrics just waiting to become something, and my brain is constantly thinking of new things I want to make, but at the end of the day, when my sewing machine is calling, so is the laundry, floors, dishes, and sometimes the new magazine or good emails from friends far away. This week I'm going to make a goal to complete x number (TBD) of items to post (oh shoot, the whole camera debauchel), well as least have in stock for future. I want to have lots of stuff ready for Christmas shoppers. I'm having lots of fun with this shop.
Well, that is an update and a half...my baby Torin is sleepy, so I need to go help him slumber.
The boys are changing so fast. Ashen has become the most fun-loving, sweet, silly boy in the last week. Seriously I think he went to bed one night cranky, and woke up the next morning totally happy and joyful and hasn't looked back. He went through a 2+ month period where he was agitated, moody, cranky, disobedient...and teething (8 teeth in 2 months!!)...too terrible-twoish for me to handle. The new Ashen is absolutely a pleasure to be around and makes parenting so much more fun.
Torin is on an incredible development growth streak. He's 7. 5 months. About a month ago he began crawling and this weekend he began pulling himself up to standing and will play for 10 minutes while standing and holding onto something. This morning he greeted us by standing up in his crib and ba-ba-ba-ing at us as Mark and I tried to soak up our last moments of rest. He's irresistable.
Our house is coming along too. My dad is here this week to work, and Mark is home for a few days...so the three of them (Mark's dad is a constant) are getting trim up on the exterior (the windows are in) and will start siding the place. After that the insulation will go in and then drywall! One step at a time. It can feel incredibly slow when you watch each board and nail go in, but others who aren't around it all the time think things are going quickly. I try to hang on to their enthusiasm. Hopefully we'll be done before Christmas.
Sew Yummy is doing really well...19 sales already this month! Unfortunately, I'm not keeping up as well. My stash of inventory is dwindling a bit. I need more time! Isn't that what we all say?!? I have a bundle of new fabrics just waiting to become something, and my brain is constantly thinking of new things I want to make, but at the end of the day, when my sewing machine is calling, so is the laundry, floors, dishes, and sometimes the new magazine or good emails from friends far away. This week I'm going to make a goal to complete x number (TBD) of items to post (oh shoot, the whole camera debauchel), well as least have in stock for future. I want to have lots of stuff ready for Christmas shoppers. I'm having lots of fun with this shop.
Well, that is an update and a half...my baby Torin is sleepy, so I need to go help him slumber.
5 comments:
Hey Sarah, You guys are more than welcome to borrow our camera (that is if Mike has forgiven you for the whole Facebook prank!) to take pics of the boys and your lovely Sew Yummy creations! We have a wedding this weekend, but after that won't need our camera until Seth's wedding the end of October. Wouldn't want to deprive your customers, or your loyal blog readers (myself included!) Love, m
thanks for the news and pix of the boys.....who me? passive-aggressive? I was merely whining... :-)
xo
We have a spare too - not that great but can do the trick. I can drop it off tomorrow? Let me know. And thanks for the most thorough update (you don't need to email me now :).
Woohoo, thank you! How can it be that I've been MIA for just one week and 4 days and TT is already pulling himself to standing!!!! Slow down!
Sidamo and Ashen have a lot in common--the two-year-old attitude (which is suddenly improving), the adorable younger sibling, and now that jacket! Costco?
Post a Comment