
We knew he liked water. A lot. And we knew he was pretty fearless and thrives on a rush. Put all these things together and we have a 20 month-old fishy on our hands. He had only been in a pool (the plastic deals don't count) once--and that was last summer. Over the course of the last week, he became a full blown swimmer; complete with jumping off the pool stairs into the water, kicking his legs while full submerged and moving toward me in the middle of the pool. What!?! Hawaii is this guy's *place*. He swam for hours at a time, a couple times a day. We kept the sunscreen lathered and tried to keep up. Fortunately, this is right up my alley since I was a swimmer as a youngster--but wasn't any good until I was 7. In fact, I'm not sure I would even put my face in the water at his age. The first two images below are videos of the little fellow in action--I realize I was a bit impatient and pushy in the first video, and just want to preface it with the fact I was squating, while holding my big baby in one arm and balancing the camera in the other. I'm really not such a pushy mama :)
2 comments:
So fun! I can't wait to see him swimming!
-H
Adorable. I learned to swim in Hawaii too!
Post a Comment