Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Word of the Day...
Yesterday was the beginning of much construction excitement at our house. The backhoe arrived bright and early to begin excavating the land that will soon be under our new addition! With the rapid expansion (aka, double) of our family in an 8 month period, we are hurting for space. Instead of moving to a bigger home, we decided it would be much more affordable and fun to add on to our house--we love where we live.
Excavating is done (check!), the foundation work begins tomorrow and lasts about a week and then Memorial Day weekend we start our big week-long building party. My dad, Mark's dad, my sister's husband and a few of our friends are going to roll up their sleeves and dig in (pun intended)--actually the digging will be done, but there will be floor boards, framing, roofing and much more to do that week. Many ladies will join me here to help with the kids and feed the masses (thank you!), and maybe I'll get a chance to swing a hammer.
It's certainly different to be on the sidelines when for the last several years, Mark and I have been a team with our various house projects (and there have been many!). Ah well, the kids are a pleasure and I can do other things to help...like organize our "Home Makeover 2008" notebook, order windows, a tub, and pick out all the finished stuff like paint, molding, tile, doors, etc. Stay tuned for updates...I'm sure our next word will be "Cement Truck."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I bet Ashen LOVED the backhoe! So fun!
-H
How exciting!!! And Ashen has a front-row seat. It doesn't get any better than that. Dede
Oh my goodness, Ashen is living Sidamo's fantasy. Backhoes AND cement mixers in his very yard? Come to think of it, you're living my fantasy—I would love to add onto our house now that our family has doubled, but it's just not in the cards for us right now. I hope everything goes swimmingly with the add-on!
ooo,ooo,ooo! It will be just like watching an episode of Flip that House!! I am so excited for you. The boys are BEAUTIFUL BTW...
Wow! Good luck with all of the projects. It sounds like fun! Enjoy your time with family and friends during the work week. Good to hear you all are doing so well.
Have fun with the addition. It all sounds very exciting.
Post a Comment