Monday, May 19, 2008

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

Saturday we spent time with my mom's side of the family at Emma's 2nd birthday party. Here's my favorite image of the day; My grandmother Chrystal with her newest great-grandson...aren't they both just delicious? My dear grandma is 93 years old--doesn't she look AMAZING?!?. I love seeing the young with the old. I think those are the ages when we are at our finest--when we act how we truly feel, when we say what we really think, when we love without insecurity, when we are simply real. My grandma is the finest old lady I know. She is beautiful, smart, soft-spoken, strong, determined, hospitable, kind and a lovely spirit. I love you, grandma!

There was also a hilarious happening that occurred while my mom was video taping Ashen minding his own business at the water table during the party. My mom posted it on her blog here.

3 comments:

Johanna said...

That is such a sweet picture! It is great to see different generations hanging out and learning from each other -well, I don't really know what your grandma can learn from a baby, but still ;)

Anonymous said...

Chrystal is beautiful! So is Torin ; )

-H

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful duo!!