Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cement Truck!

This morning at 7:30am the pump truck and cement mixer arrived to pour the cement into the beautiful forms that our contractor constructed over the last week. I have a new respect for foundations. I am so impressed with our contractor, Mark, and the work he's done. He's a perfectionist and works very hard. We feel so blessed that we were able to hire him at the last minute...he's booked for the next 3 months, but had a 5 day window between jobs which we jumped on. It feels so good to be starting this project off with a solid, square, foundation. Over Memorial Day weekend we'll start building up. For those who asked, we're building on another bedroom (for the boys to share), a bathroom attached to our bedroom, and making our existing bedrooms larger. We feel so blessed to be able to do this, and are really looking forward to having a guest room and hope that we'll host lots of you out of towners over the next few years. I've already started begging my friend, Hatsumi, from Japan to come out as soon as the room is ready. Willie, Susanne, Mwix, Steven, come and visit! Oh, and whomever reads my blog from the Phillipines, let me know who you are and maybe we can host you!

The forms...ready for pouring

Ashen, cautioning me from getting too close to the cement truck

Click on this photo and check out the cement mixer man...kinda creepy, but my boy can charm anyone!

Oh, cement truck...I love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last one cracks me up!! I can't wait to see the foundation!

-H

Jean Wagner A Change of Art said...

I wish I could sit on the porch with A. and watch too!

House of richteR said...

You amaze me with your ability to update your blog on an almost daily basis!