Oh, remember the pure joy of sliding as a kid? On Wednesday I packed up the kids rather haphazardly and headed to a local outdoor play area. Unfortunately, upon arrival I realized that I'd forgotten my baby carrier for Torin at the back door...and all I had was a single umbrella stroller for Ashen. Arghh! For the next hour and a half I walked around carrying Torin wrapped up in a blanket, trying to make sure that Ashen didn't step off the side of the play structure, or try to "walk" down the slide...or up (as other kids prepared to slide down). It was a juggle, but gosh, just one (continuous) gigantic smile out of my little guy made it all worth it...until I realized there was no way I could feed Torin while keeping an eye on Ashen. So we packed up, headed home with a screaming, hungry baby...we'll figure this out some day.
Friday, March 14, 2008
The Joy of Slides
Oh, remember the pure joy of sliding as a kid? On Wednesday I packed up the kids rather haphazardly and headed to a local outdoor play area. Unfortunately, upon arrival I realized that I'd forgotten my baby carrier for Torin at the back door...and all I had was a single umbrella stroller for Ashen. Arghh! For the next hour and a half I walked around carrying Torin wrapped up in a blanket, trying to make sure that Ashen didn't step off the side of the play structure, or try to "walk" down the slide...or up (as other kids prepared to slide down). It was a juggle, but gosh, just one (continuous) gigantic smile out of my little guy made it all worth it...until I realized there was no way I could feed Torin while keeping an eye on Ashen. So we packed up, headed home with a screaming, hungry baby...we'll figure this out some day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
All that and you still managed to take pictures. You're doing pretty darn well! love to all, A. Dede
Love it! We'll have to meet you guys sometime. Is that U Village?
-Suzi
When you do figure it out, you'll have to clue me in on how it's done! Looks like a good time was had, even if some of the planning went a little awry.
Great pics!! I'm impressed.
That is one happy face!
Post a Comment