Okay, so it hasn't gone well. I just typed up several paragraphs and tried to paste in a picture, the browser crashed, and I'm back to square one. I guess you can say this is my second post now...ever.
I sent off our Dossier on Saturday, and it's supposed to arrive at the adoption agency Tuesday morning. This is a very exciting time because once they approve the dossier, we get on the waiting list. We've been told the wait is between 4-6 months to get our referral, which is the baby photo and medical/family history, which is usually somewhat brief from what we've been told. FYI on the dossier, its a compilation of forms, letters of recommendation, letters from the police, from the bank, from our employers, birth and marriage certificates, our homestudy, and the list goes on. It turned out to be a 46 page document!
I will also be sending out our Immigration forms next week. At that point, major paper pushing will be over...at least for 6-8 months.
I'm home alone for two weeks as Sarah visits Zambia for work. She briefly stopped thru Kenya to visit some friends and one of our sponsor children and then arrived in Zambia yesterday. I get the days confused because they're 10 hours ahead there. God has blessed us with several phone calls though, and that has been a treat. Who knew twenty years ago that I could be talking to my wife in southern Africa while waiting for a bus at the Transit Center, without that terrible trans-continental delay!! I am amazed at the technology that makes that happen.
You may wonder where Zambia is, so here's a map. This is the infamous picture that crashed my first attempt at a post on our blog.
Sarah will be back on the 17th of December...so look forward to her first post following her adventures in Zambia. I'll try to keep things updated until then...from which we'll both be updating the blog :)
4 comments:
Don't worry, I am always goofing up and losing posts like that. And the 2nd try looks great!
Congrats on sending off the paperwork. Thats a huge step!
Good Job Mark!
We love being able to keep up-to-date via your blog. Good work! love you, Aunt Dede
Great news to have the dossier done, in and accepted! Every step is a giant step toward an amazing new life for you as parents. I am overflowing with joy and anticipation for you and for all of us! Love you, Mom
Post a Comment