Sunday, September 25, 2011

Twist In Twist Out

I'm taking a break from talking about the famine. 
Just wanted to share the evolution of Bereket's hair over the last 6 weeks.
August 15th--Twists In

September 24th-Twists Out



After a wash/condition today. One pony, naturally posed while watching mama cook
This was Bereket's first full-head twists, probably 50 or so twists. It took me two 2 hour hair sessions, and a two maintenance 1 hour sessions in between, plus another hour for twist out. That averages out to one hour of hair time per week, or less than 10 minutes a day! It was nice not to have to do much with her hair the last six weeks, and she (and I) loved the twists. Next time I'll do more with them (two ponies is especially cute), but they are fun with head bands and clips. I would like to learn how to add beads to the ends too. I loved the coils that the twist out left. Though, I only let her hair be free for one day in twist-out mode because detangling her hair is her nemesis, and I was worried that it would start to tangle if I left it like that another week.

Hair hair, I love doing Bereket's hair!

p.s. I buy her hair accessories at Briar.Claire on Etsy.


5 comments:

Heidi said...

What gorgeous hair! I'm envious! She's growing up so fast...

Deirdre said...

So beautiful!

cathy said...

her hair looks beautiful. the twist suit her!

Anonymous said...

100% cuteness! I wish my hair could curl like that...

xoxo
H

Jean Wagner A Change of Art said...

Ooolala! So cute. Love the pose on the counter.