Monday, May 16, 2011

Tulip Festival 2011

One of our family's almost- annual (I'm sure we missed a year here or there) traditions as a child was to visit a nearby valley in the Spring for the Tulip Festival. The fields were a glorious rainbow of color as far as my eye could see. As the tulips rotate fields each year, I always loved the first site of a field--as if a fire was burning in the distance, we would shout--there it is!




This year, my kids visited the tulips for the first time, and though it had been a very long day by the time we got there, they were captivated by them in a way that reminded me of myself at their age. I had not seen the fields in several years and the vibrant swaths of color nearly took my breath away. Some if it was nostalgia, and the other part was pure awe.

3 comments:

Chatter said...

I love the last picture of you smiling at B. Your family is beautiful!

jayme said...

These pictures (and all the pictures you take) are absolutely gorgeous! Tulips are one of my very favourite flowers, and seeing fields upon fields of them always makes me so happy!

I'm so glad to hear that the back to work transition's been going smoothly for all of you. Exciting times!

Mama Papaya said...

So, so beautiful. I miss being up north during tulip time.