Monday, May 16, 2011

Hatsumi

I love this woman. She is my dear friend, Hatsumi. She and I met in Kenya in 2000 and became flatmates for most of the year I spent there. She ate tuna and eggs. A lot. She taught me the secret of simple eating: rice and avocado with soy sauce was a regular meal for us. She is kind, patient, generous, and full of so much love. Really, now that I think of it, she eminates the Fruit of the Spirit (Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Gentless and Self-Control). I mean just look her picture--does this woman not scream LOVE?! She is a faithful friend. She has visited me at least 4 times (we honestly lost track) in the States over the last decade and I'm determined to visit her in Japan someday soon. She loves my kids and they miss Hot-Sue-ME already! Good thing we can now Skype :)







Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chatter said...

Yay for great friends! Your kiddos look so happy with her. Beautiful.

cathy said...

I am SO glad to see you blogging again. I need to know about your new job? What are you doing? Love that your kids are adjusting well and you still have time to squeeze in a visit from a dear friend!

frances kemper said...

I too am glad you are blogging again. I miss news of you precious family and thanks for the lovely tulip field pictures. I missed the real thing again this year so appreciated them.