Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer with my Boys


I love summer! It has finally arrived after weeks and weeks of cloudy weather. This weekend is supposed to be HOT, so in anticipation, I brought out our BIG pool and filled er' up. It's a chilly pool for now, but I'm sure once the thermometer hits 80, it will feel nice. It goes without saying that Ashen was already in the (freezing) pool today dumping buckets on himself. I swear he must be part polar bear. It's really hilarious to watch and I have to admit that I submit myself to torturing his unusual affinity to cold water by occasionally dumping buckets of water on him or by spraying him with the hose (he asks for "more" after I do it, so I don't feel so guilty).
Torin on the other hand is not so fond of the cold pool. I attempted to let his feet dangle, ever so gently, in the cool waters only to have him shriek in disgust. Okay, okay...all kids are different. This one likes bath water. Instead, he chills nearby on the blanket and watches his brother whiz by. He's already forgiven Ashen for dumping an ice cold cup of water on him in the stroller yesterday while I wasn't watching. Oh, it's just the beginning...


3 comments:

Aimee said...

Oh so fun!!! We just got home from vacation tonight. Fun stuff comin' your way soon!!!

p.s. I love reading your comments

The Redman's said...

Lovin' the summer weather too!! Sorry to have missed last weekends' picnic-- it was one crazy weekend!! I'd love to meet up sometime though. Let's plan something. :)

The boys are just TOO cute!!!

-Suzi

Jean Wagner A Change of Art said...

Beautiful smiles, all. What fun you have! xoxo Mom