Wednesday, June 18, 2008

House Update

Some have asked if our project is finished....um, no. This project will last through the summer. We'd be nowhere as far as we are without the help of family and friends. We're doing 97% of this project ourselves...do-it-youself taken to a new level.
My FIL is the foreman and 1 man work party eack weekday--ok, except when Ash helps out. Mark works with him after his day job, until dusk. Saturdays are our big workdays...these are pix from last Saturday when a bunch of friends from church came over to help lift the 30' roof trusses into place. We were humbled by their help and so grateful. Great work, guys!!




Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mama Papaya said...

Holy wow! That is way more project than I thought you guys were up to. Best of building luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! It's really coming together!

-H

Jean Wagner A Change of Art said...

Amazing! What progress you have made!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you have posted it somewhere along the way, but HOW MANY SQUARE FEET are you adding! This is one huge project, seeming to go along without hitches. What fun for Ashen to see all this evolving! Our future architect?

Deirdre said...

Wow!! That looks absolutely beautiful! I'm so impressed that you're tackling this on your own. Way to go—and what a wonderful community of support you have. I'm looking forward to following the progress!

Theo B. said...

Good Lord, I had no idea the scale you were undertaking!!! It looks like the hardest part is behind. I hope to one day revel in the glory of your beautiful home.