Mark just got off the phone with our travel agent (huge kudos for Scott Nordwell from Minneapolis!) and purchased our tickets! Hooray! It was a huge ordeal. We went back and forth on dates, different possible flight paths, prices, etc. We finally landed on an itinerary that we are happy with. We're leaving NEXT Wednesday the 27th!! We fly out to DC Wednesday morning and connect to Ethiopian Airways that evening to arrive via Rome (for refueling) Thursday evening. Just over 24 hours of travel, not bad! We'll head back from Addis on July 6th (same flight path), arriving home on July 7th.
We're both feeling pretty overwhelmed about the upcoming trip, pending parenthood and the incredible responsibility we will have in less than 2 weeks...but grateful nonetheless.
I'll post about our trip in a few days so that you know what we're doing while we're there...I imagine it would be easier to think of us/pray for us when you know what we're up to.
Happy Fathers Day to our dads (and to Mark)! We love you and are so thankful for who you are in our lives.
4 comments:
Sooo excited for you! Maybe we'll see you there (we leave Addis on the 30th)!
How exciting! I saw your blog linked on Sara Lane's site and thought I would check it out as I am really interested in Ethiopia. I have a blog, http://destastory.blogspot.com/, about my sponsorship in Ethiopia and plan to adopt from there in several years. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
-Nikki
We are praying for your trip, can't wait to meet the little guy!!
Only two more sleeps before you fly!! much love, Dede & Jack
Post a Comment