Our bags are packed and we're putting the finishing touches on our carry-ons. It's pretty surreal that we'll be in Ethiopia in less than 48 hours. We're excited, tired, a tad anxious and so many other emotions at once! We've felt so supported by our family and friends which has helped us a lot.
As promised, here's our daily itinerary. Sorry I didn't elaborate more...I'm feeling pretty exhausted. Hopefully this gives you a good idea of what we're up to so you can pray and think about us. Thanks in advance...we'll need all your prayers!
Thursday 6/28- Arrive in Addis in evening and take a shuttle to the Hilton. Spend night there
Friday, 6/29- Spend morning at the hotel, after lunch take a taxi over to the guesthouse (CHSFS owns it). Get settled there.
Saturday, 6/30- Go to the care center and meet Ashenafi James Desta Lenssen for the first time!!!!
Sunday, 7/1- We go on the trip south to the area where Ashen (and most the other kids) are from, to the satellite center where children are relinquished by relatives.
Monday, 7/2- I think we have free time on this day; we'll probably just spend most of the day playing with Ashen at the care center
Tuesday, 7/3- Go to the Embassy with Ashen to get a visa, go to a special traditional Ethiopian dancing/dinner thing that night at a hotel.
Wednesday and Thursday, 7/4 and 7/5- More sight-seeing and hanging around. We'll have full custody of Ashen at this point.
Friday 7/6- Receive the US visa sometime that day. Head home that evening!!
Saturday 7/7- Ashen is FINALLY home (and we'll crash! :-)
Here we go!!
6 comments:
Ohh goodness...I am so excited just reading this it brings tears to my eyes! Get ready, get set...GO get that baby boy! You'll be in our prayers! We love all three of you. :)
OOOOOOOOh! So exciting! We are thinking of all three of you and wish you joyful days and safe travels!
Hope you are doing well!!!! Can't wait to see pics!
It's 6pm here on Friday, which means that in a few hours you are going to meet your son!!! This is so exciting. I am keeping the three of you in my prayers :)
Johanna
Dearest Mark and Sarah, We're finally able to check your site and are overjoyed to know that you're with Ashen right now! All our love to you from Kenya--wish we could hop over to Ethiopia to meet your little guy but we'll just have to wait until we're all back in Seattle! Much love, Mary and Mike
I am so excited to hear all about your trip and especially what it was like when you first held Ashen! I love you both!
Post a Comment