I know we've only been waiting 3 weeks for our travel date, but it's already getting to be very difficult mentally/emotionally. We just want to head over now, but can't. We have to wait until we're through the courts and then we have 4 weeks notice to travel. That's a new rule...it used to be 2 weeks notice until last week. Apparently the Ethiopia team needs more time to process the children's passports/visas once we're through the courts, hence the increase in wait between the court and travel. Ugggh, just what we needed, more waiting. It's hard to be focused on anything else right now. I need to focus at work because there is a lot to do before I leave for Ethiopia (hire and train 2 people among other things) but I have a smidge of senioritis. It's hard to believe I've been at WV for 6 years this summer! Time flies. Pray that we get through the courts in record time. I'd love to be able to travel in early July...really and truly, please!
On a happy note, today is Ashenafi's half birthday! Yep, our boy is growing up! Six months today. Sad we can't be there with him, but Mark pointed out that we don't celebrate half-birthdays (we always forget!), so it's not a big deal...I have a sweet husband.
Enjoy your weekend...
2 comments:
Hi Mark and Sarah,
Waiting is hard!! But I know it will be so great when the waiting is finally done. It's exciting to observe how Ashen has brought you joy before you even knew him.
Yes, you sure DO have a sweet husband -(since you reap what you sow; and Ashen will make THREE sweethearts all in the same house SOON! Am praying that you get to fly over there BEFORE July 1. When 2 or more are gathered ......
Hugs.....M.
Post a Comment